Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Hello Stranger

Wow...so here we are. Almost 6 months into this journey. I know that it's been a while since I've given you all something to maul over, but you know...life gets in the way some time. It's been very busy, and yes, I know that that's no excuse for not keeping up. I have to be honest, I thought that I'd be further along by this time. On the other hand, I can't believe how far I've come. I'm nearing a large milestone that I'm hoping to hit by the 18th. 6 months in.....wow....I can't believe it. Here's some numbers for everyone. I started this whole deal wearing snug fitting 4xl t-shirts, 48" pants, and my dress shirt was a neck size 22 with a sleeve 36/37 so that I could get the shirt long enough. This was as of May. I can now say that I am now comfortably wearing 3xl shirts. Jeans that I haven't been able to wear since 2009 (42" waist) are falling off me, and my dress shirt that I purchased for Mary and Joel's wedding was a neck size 19 and sleeve 35/36. SERIOUSLY?!!? 3 inches from my neck? It's hard to see sometimes that I've been changing my body. Then I look at some pictures of myself from earlier this year, or even from this time last year. Hard to believe. I was comparing my licence to someone else's today and noticed that even in August 2010, I was larger than I am now. You could see it in my face....I had no shape to my face. It was like my head went straight down into my shoulders. Pictures from when we shipped some machines to SEMA (largest convention trade show for the automotive and automotive parts/machinery industry) last October. HUGE difference! In case everyone is not aware, my initial goal that I gave myself when i started this whole deal was to drop 150 pounds. 375 to 225. Well, I won't tell you where I'm at now, some of you already know where I'm floating at...if you do, please don't spoil it for everyone else. I will update everyone on my current weight at that time. I've got some other numbers for everyone on that update.....a look back at how long ago it was since I was THAT weight.....Also, you'll notice that I haven't updated my "myfitnesspal" page...all will be revealed in 6 days. So, until then....Love you all! DJS II

1 comment: