Monday, July 9, 2012

Time Flies....

wow, so here we are. It's been a while I know. A lot has happened since we last spoke....well, since I last spoke and you listened. Let's see....right, after my kick ass week 1 posting of 12 pounds, I had quite a busy week. I went to see my Doctor, let's just call him D. So I went to see D for my annual check up for the High BP. I told him that I started faithfully going to a gym and that I had already lost 12 pounds and blah blah blah....he looked at me and said..."really? Just now? Have you thought about having surgery for your weight loss? It's either that or you stop eating, and you obviously can't do that so I think you're out of options." I was floored. Did I really just hear that D say that to me? Now let's be clear, yes I have procrastinated a bit with getting healthy, and yes he has been seeing me for 3 years, but a professional should NEVER come at someone like that. So naturally, I start to get pissed. Like, who just ran their keys down the side of my new car, pissed. To boot, this is right before he takes my BP reading. So I know that my number is going to be high based on my mood alone. I tried my best to relax and make light of the situation. I placed that backhanded comment into my motivation vault. I have quite a few things in there that will push me, D's comment....oh man, that one will make me move mountains. Back to the story...so I calm down best I can and my reading looks good. Still a tinge elevated, but better. Also, I noticed my heart rate was lower as well. Tiny victory for me. After that he draws my blood like normal and yada yada yada.... well then the next day, my band played down at the Kentucky Speedway. HOT!!! got my sweat on, but it also wasn't a very good day for me eating wise. Stadium burger, then that night, Larosas pizza...wheat crust mind you. Which is very tasty and I recommend it. Saturday wasn't much better....just laid around....still tired from Friday. I hit the gym for a bit on Sunday, but not as hard as I wanted. Weigh in day Monday....UGH...2 pounds....really?!!? I thought I did better, but I guess not. Armed with this, I set out to do better. I hit the gym hard on Wednesday...I mean..HARD. Almost 2 miles on the 'mill, a few miles on the bike of doom and then started weight training. Arms and chest. Wow, I couldn't believe how weak I've become. 3 different machines, 3 sets each. It hurt, but felt soooo good. I hit the gym again Friday evening. Got there a little late and hadn't eaten in quite a while so i was a bit weak. I got over a mile in on the 'mill and then tried my hand at the elliptical. Holy quad muscles Batman....I managed a total of 5 minutes. Now I know my leg's weak point that I have to start working on. I also did some follow up weight training. Same machines, same routine. Saturday I went out to my fathers place and enjoyed some good company and the pool of course. Very nice! I wanted to get to the gym today, but damn the lazy bug. So I'm forcing myself to get out before work. Hitting it at 615! I hope the weigh in goes well... I fear I'm hitting that early wall...


Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment